Live Streaming on 0.8.5

Hello,

I am new to this system. I appreciate all the hard work you have put into this system. I had heck of a time after I upgraded the system. I basically had to start from scratch. Firstly, I wasn’t able to renew the lets encrypt cert automatically. I notice there was an update and I took it. Big mistake everything got messed up. I finally go everything work after many hours of tinkering with the setup. Some instructions are incomplete. Anyways, now I am unable to get the live video to show. What should I check? OBS connects just fine to the service. I saw troubleshooting section about it. But its unclear to me.

Thanks,
Steve

Going to need more details here. Running updates won’t mess everything up typically.

No live video can be indicative of a few things depending on the following questions:

• Single Install or Multi?
  • Adaptive Enabled or Not?

Ok so for some reason the 0.8.5 for just a clean setup isn’t doing live streaming on a single server installation. So i reverted back 0.7.9 which I was on. Not sure if I am missing a step. I followed the guide to the t. I am using obs to stream live. But it keeps a recording. I made sure my public IP address is link to my fully qualified domain name. For now I am using the setup without ssl. I do plan on setting ssl back up. I believe we are doing cbr streaming to the server. I’m still new this live streaming.

Ok. So I got that this was a single server install. However, you didn’t mention if it was adaptive or not. The reason I ask was because there was a bug with adaptive streaming that was fixed on versions >0.8.6